The Historical of Fort San Pedro

To give you a little knowledge about its history,  did you know that before it is converted to a museum Fort San Pedro was once an army garrison, a prison camp, school, hospital and even a zoo? Yes,you read it right. Since it was built in 1565 as a fortress under the command of Miguel Lopez de Legaspi the first Governor General in the Philippines. It is originally made of wood then later changed to stone to repel Muslim raiders.


Now you know some background history about Fort San Pedro, it is the oldest and smallest fort in the country. Going back, I felt like part of the history that I learned in high school had been refreshed while I was browsing the museum.

My visit in this historic spot has been so fascinating and full of learning, I would definitely recommend this. 
And I hope you'll get to visit it too with your friends/family, especially if you are interested in our history.



credits to the owner of picture: https://images.app.goo.gl/CSQfeMNTthwUUytx9




Comments